This post is sponsored by Hair Biology, but these opinions are my own as always.
Yes, I am that woman who walks into the salon with her own shampoo and conditioner. Yup. That’s me. You’ll find my water bottle, keys, other essentials, and my Hair Biology Color Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner inside my bag.
At my last visit, someone at the salon asked me why I brought my own shampoo and conditioner instead of using the professional-quality products at the salon.
I told her that while I knew the salon had terrific products, I favored mine – enough so that I never want to be without them. So even when I’m traveling, I bring travel-size bottles of my favorites.
I always have great hair days with the Hair Biology Vivid & Protected Color Brilliance line, and here’s how – and why it works so well for me.
But First – The Truth About Our Aging Hair
For starters, here’s the thing… Like our skin, our hair ages too.
Graying, thinning, shedding- are all signs of aging.
And think about it. Just like us, our hair goes through so much.
Stress, trauma, pregnancy, childbirth, chemical treatments, heat, sun exposure, etc.! Each of these factors impacts our hair in different ways.
We don’t feel the difference when we are young as our hair bounces back to life even after mistreatment. But once we are past 40 or 50, hair loses its vitality and resilience. It’s just a fact, my friend, but that doesn’t mean we have to accept it!
How I discovered Hair Biology
As for me, I wasn’t ready to accept that there was nothing I could do about my hair not looking its usually shiny, healthy, thicker self.
I mean, yes, there are some things I do accept with aging – after all, getting older is a privilege denied to many, but the things I can change, if you know me, you know I’m going to try!
Even so, I thought graying would be the only problem with aging. I was sure I could keep my hair looking ‘young’ and gorgeous by getting my hair colored regularly.
But that wasn’t the only problem. Like so many others, I started noticing more shedding post-shower. Yuck!
My hair often lost its shine and looked dehydrated a few days after a trip to my colorist. Sob!
I tried masks and deep conditioning treatments. They helped but only temporarily. I kept looking for a solution that would add life and luster to my color-treated hair.
Luckily, I didn’t have to search for long.
How I Always (OK – Almost!) Have Great Hair Days
I started using the Vivid & Protected Line from Hair Biology, and I said bye-bye to all my hair blues!
Hair Biology is a haircare line offering products specifically formulated for women on the flip side of 40. In addition, the brand offers different lines that target different hair issues.
The company mantra? ‘Our hair changes as we get older – it’s just biology.’
The products behind Hair Biology offer a variety of formulas for aging hair – formulas that work with our own unique hair biology. As I’ve mentioned, for me, I found just what I needed with the Hair Biology Vivid & Protected line. It includes a shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask, and it’s designed to condition, nourish, and protect color-treated hair from fade-out.
My Current Haircare Regimen With Hair Biology:
- Hair Biology Color Brilliance Shampoo is a gentle and nourishing formula that makes color-treated hair look gorgeous. It is made with biotin, vitamin B7, which boosts hair’s natural keratin. It is free of sulfates, parabens, and dyes.
- Hair Biology Color Brilliance Conditioner– Rule no. 1 in my haircare book is to never skip conditioner. Do you know how the hair feels dull after washing? Rule no. 1 in my haircare book is never to skip conditioner. Do you know how the hair feels dull after washing? After using Hair Biology Color Brilliance Conditioner, my hair doesn’t look dull till the next wash. It is free of all the nasties and is packed with biotin like its sister shampoo.
- Hair Biology Color Sealing Mask– This mask works magic on your hair strands and locks in moisture, smooths the surface, and seals your color so it doesn’t fade. Using this mask ensures I don’t have to visit the salon frequently for a color retouch. Instead, I use the mask once a week. I put it on and leave it for a few minutes while I think about what I’m making for dinner that night – a phone call for a reservation or a call to have something delivered. What? You thought I was actually going to make dinner? Ha!
Hair Biology is Part of My Regular Routine
From a healthy diet to supplements, everything matters. I try to eat mindfully and do the same with products for my hair! With Hair Biology, it is super easy and inexpensive
We use anti-aging products to protect our skin. But, as we age, our hair needs extra TLC too. Hair Biology is the best hair care brand that solves hair issues for 40+ women. Depending on what line you choose, Hair Biology can help with hair thinning and taming. It also helps with reviving hair’s vibrancy and boosting color, so your hair looks and feels great.
.Last thoughts here… I LOVE the way gray and/or white hair looks on women – and men. I truly do. But I still enjoy coloring my hair, and for as long as I do, I’m happy I have these products by my side.
Tell me, how do you take care of your aging hair?
Please share with me in the comments below.
Thanks so much for reading this and for being here. I would be so appreciative if you would share this post and my site with friends. So take a quick sec and email this link. And sign up yourself if you haven’t already! (Maybe someone emailed you this post!) It Just takes your email address, and you’re in!
Oh, and don’t forget, if you purchase something from this post, I may earn enough to buy a cup of coffee (tall) from Starbucks one day!
All rights reserved.
Let’s Get Social! I’m friendly!
Find me on Pinterest (I would love for you to pin some of the pics), Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok & YouTube. Besides those social media channels, you can also follow me on LinkedIn.
And you can shop for my favorite looks & products on Like.to.Know.it and Shopping with Gigi! If you don’t have the Like.to.Know.it app, Shop My Instagram instead!
You might also be interested in these posts:
- Festive Cocktails & Easy Holiday Apps
- Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Chicken Wings
- Five Ways to Style a White Button-Up Shirt