Whether it’s August or October, January, or February, or any month of the year, sometimes all we want is a bowl of slow cooker comfort chili. I don’t know what it is, but there’s something so comforting about a bowl of slow cooker chili topped off with all of your favorites.
And there are so many slow cooker, beef crockpot chili recipes out there, with different variations of ingredients. Still, the recipe I’ve made here, and that I love to make in my crockpot over and over again is a favorite chili recipe that my husband says he can eat seven days a week.
I like to use lean ground beef for this cooker chili recipe, but I’ve also made it with chicken. And as for toppings, go wild! We’ve used everything from avocado slices or my keto guacamole to shredded cheese, sliced green onions, and sour cream.
I’m sharing my crockpot chili recipe with you and also my secret ingredients that make my chili better than anyone else’s! I may not sound humble, but try it with these ingredients and see if you don’t agree.
Let’s Get to the Chili
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2- 15 ounce cans red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1- 15 ounce can corn, drained
- 12 ounces of tomato paste
- 4 cups low organic beef broth (I like @mccormickspice Kitchen Basics)
- 3 tablespoons of @chefblairs HOT Red Eye Rub (Use GWEN15 for 15% off any of the seasonings on the site)
- Salt and pepper to taste – use @chefblairs Grog-Wood Smoked Sea Salt and pepper (not affiliate links)
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef onion and garlic in the skillet until the beef is cooked through, with no pink. Drain.
- Put the beef mixture inside a large slow cooker. Then add all of the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours or on high for 3 – 4 hours.
Promise you’re going to like it. People don’t call me the Chili Cook in my family for nothing! Freezes in batches beautifully, so on an extra busy day, you can take it out of the freezer and pop it in the microwave.
The reason so many people love this chili? My cousin Chef Blair’s seasonings! Use code GWEN15 on ChefBlairs.com for 15% off. (Not an affiliate link.)
Slow Cooker Chili With Variations
While the above recipe is a tried and true favorite, of course there are so many variations. I mean, we’ve added black beans, extra cans diced tomatoes – the petite diced tomatoes are terrific, green bell pepper, tomato sauce, and chili powder if my Cousin Blair’s isn’t available.
The first time I ever made chili in my quart slow cooker, I followed a crockpot chili recipe from a cookbook, and I was hooked. Most start with browning the beef in a skillet over medium heat before adding to the crockpot.
This post may contain affiliate links, but please know all opinions are my own. You’ll only find products here that I am familiar with and genuinely love.
You might also be interested in these posts:
- Six Keto Tequila Cocktails that Won’t Ruin Your Summer Bod!
- Keto Taco Seasoning; Low Carb and Gluten-Free
- Twelve Top Amazon Black & White Summer Fashion Essentials
Now, If this recipe didn’t make you hungry enough, check out some of my fellow blogger friends and their recipes. I think you’re going to like what you see! really fun collaboration.